I am so sorry for the delay in this update. I find myself struggling with how much or a merry-go-round this process creates. I am also struggling to find a balance between asking for prayers as soon as I need them, and then getting told results or information that is the polar opposite. With all of that said, thank you for your support and PLEASE know that with every post, my intentions are not to additionally place you all in turmoil.
On Friday, I was informed that there were two areas of concern. The liver was nerve-racking as this is a place where Wilm’s cancer can metastasis however they saw more concern with the location in the lung.
After Monday’s testing, I spoke with her oncologist at length and he confirmed that the liver IS CLEAR and that what they saw was an artifact. Praise God.
We went into length about what a potential lung tumor would look like in regard to treatment….and although, aggressive, it is something we can fight BUT NOT NOW!
Now on the lung, the area of concern showed inflammation that has not been seen on any other imaging studies. Knowing Hannah, this can be for many different reasons. It could be nothing, something, the start of something or another one of Hannah’s twists…..only time and rechecks to watch will provide us with true answers. We will be following up in my office 6 weeks.
Many of you have generously donated already on the Go Fund Me. I will be reaching out to you all as I have had NO intention of gaining through a false impression of our status. I am so sorry for this confusion. I am learning that I can only do so much, but I can hesitate before informing you all until we get a little more confirmation. Other radiologists are currently reviewing the studies and we should have some more answers soon.
All our love,
The Harger Girls